XZW Xtreme Zone Wrestling Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions???

3 posters

Go down

Questions??? Empty Questions???

Post  Trouble Shooter Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 am

Any questions you have about XZW should be asked here. I will attempt to answer them as quickly as possible.

Trouble Shooter
Admin

https://xzw-twg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Questions??? Empty Anxious to take part, especially since we've started for real

Post  Darksun Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:10 am

Hello all.

I'm really new to this whole Federation thing, and I am having a few problems figuring out exactly how it works.

For instance, i was not "present" at the show yesterday, yet i still featured in a match. I'm not complaining, I had just gotten the impression that you needed to be active at keys to add elements of a feud, RP, matches and whatnot (ie. participate.). Also, how much of my activities on this board would you prefer to be RP based? How much writeup is too much of a good thing? Gah, I have so many questions....

What kind of input do you need from me in order from me to play an active role in carrying this Fed forward? I've tried to read the FAQ's and such, and I cannot find a decent explanation of "Dummies Guide to Federation membership".

Sorry for being a tad ignorant on the subject, but I figure its best to ask =)

Darksun

Back to top Go down

Questions??? Empty Re: Questions???

Post  Nitro Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:24 am

hi there.
i'll try to answer as good as possible. excuse my english as its not the language i use everyday.

first off, you got a contract, where it says how many matches you're guarantied in a season. And you'll get those matches wether you're active or not. The thing is, if you're not active in the forums, you will most likely not get a new contract when the current runs out. And inactivity in the forums, might also end up in GM editing your matches. Not the outcome, if you win you win, but he might write in some extra lines, so it makes your wrestler look weaker if he wins. (a dq, interruption from another wrestler etc.)
If you are active in the forums, you'll most likely get a new contract, might even get a better one, if the GM feels that you're getting better or are more valuable. Getting guarantied more matches etc..

At least, when you know you're having a match, make an rp for your match. There isnt seperate sections here yet, for show rp and regular rp. If you have a promo for every match you have that'll be good. And like GM wrote earlier, its better to write some lines, instead of just a couple. Its easier for him then to shorten it out if needed. I dont know if there's something called too much of a good thing when it comes to rp'ing.

to play an active role to carry this fed forward, just stay active in the forums, write rp's, show feedbacks, come up with ideas you might thing will get the fed better, get to know the other wrestler, as both persons and wrestlers maby. just be generally active in the forums. help eachother out Smile

hope i answered some of your questions. and if you got more questions, just ask. Wink
Nitro
Nitro

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksun Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 am

Hi Nitro.

Don't worry about it, I don't use English every day either but I do speak/write decently Very Happy

Thanks for taking time out to answer my questions, it's very appreciated. So, from what I gather, I don't actually have to be present at the live shows, as long as I prepare material for Trouble Shooter, which reflects my wrestler, his actions, his moods and so forth?

Will posts be deleted after use, so that you know its time to write up new stuff or should I keep adding things so that GM Shooter can adapt to scenarios he wishes to play out?

I'll prolly have many more questions as we go, so I hope that you bear with me =)

Darksun

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitro Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 am

if you're not able to watch the show or arent logged in when the show is, thats no problem. the show will be descided some time before the show date, so all material to the show are done before the actual show. so you can take a weekedn vacation if you want, as you dont have to be online as the show is running.
like i said here, a time before the show, Trouble shooter will give us the card of the show, saying who's going to face who. If your name's on that list, you just write an promo (rp) for your wrestler, either as a in ring talk, bakstage segment, interview, a stare down or something like that. like you say, which reflects the wrestler, moods and so on. The best thing of course is to make the promo together with you opponent, if you want a dialouge with him. or you could write his part too, but in most cases the opponent wants to edit it, since every wrestlers has its own gimmick and so forth. its something you'll find out.

im not shure anything will be deleted. when a post gets to big, it will most likely get cleaned out, so its empty again. As long as you know you're gonna appear on a show, you'll write a promo. you can also write several promos for one show if you want to. either if its 2-3 promos that has a red line through it, or just 2-3 several for GM to pick one. An example on the first one ther, was from my last fed, last show; i first had an backstage segment early on the show, followed later by a in-ring talk before match, and one in-ring talk right after the match. its alot of different ways to do it. only your imagination and fantasy can stop you there.

you wont get any answers if you dont ask you know Razz
Nitro
Nitro

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksun Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:59 pm

There....

I've given it a go, let's see what happens.

If I can improve on anything, I'd be more than happy to take feedback from anyone!

Darksun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum