XZW Xtreme Zone Wrestling Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Successfully RP in XZW

Go down

How to Successfully RP in XZW Empty How to Successfully RP in XZW

Post  Trouble Shooter Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 am

Some Guidelines to Follow when RPing for XZW:

1. Use colors: It is much easier to read an RP when different speakers are separated by different colors. Use different colors for narrative, your wrestler, your manager (if you have one), your opponent, and your teammate(s) Following is a simple example:

Trouble Shooter is sitting in his office when there is a knock on the door.
Trouble Shooter: "Enter!"
Wrestler X enters the room.
Wrestler X:"You wanted to see me boss?"
Shooter:"Yes, have a seat."
Wrestler X sits in a chair as the two begin to talk.

2. Don't use another wrestler without permission. Most people will be happy to give you their permission, especially if you are in a feud or in a team with them, but you should probably try to work together on your RP's as no one knows their character better than themselves. This having been said, never, ever attack another wrestler without their permission.

3. Quality over quantity. Anyone can write "I'm better than you." or "I'm gonna kill you!" It's how you say it that makes all the difference. "When we meet in the ring, I will prove to you once and for all who the better man is," says much more than "I'm better than you." I would rather read one 10-20 line RP that tells what your wrestler is thinking, feeling, and doing, than just a one or two-line RP with him talking trash.

4. Be descriptive. This being a text-based game, it helps the imagination if you tell us what your character is wearing, where he is at, what he is doing, if he is making any gestures or facial expressions, etc.

5. Proof read. I understand that there will be many people for whom English is not their native language. Make that part of your character. Those of you who are native English speakers, take time to proof what you wrote. I know we aren't all perfect spellers. But remember, that much of what you write is meant to be spoken words. Personally, I don't tell anyone "C U L8R", I say "See you later."

This is all I can think of for now, however more additions may come in the future, as my brain continues to tick.

Trouble Shooter
Admin

https://xzw-twg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum